The Seven Ancient Heart Imagery Exercises – Exercise Six (“The Emptiness”)
- Place the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth; roll your tongue backwards as much as possible; if you can touch the uvula or even go deeper inside the nasal cavity, then you can literally help your energy move up into the brain and work with your pituitary and pineal gland.
- Normal posture: either stand up and stand straight breathing out completely or sit down on a chair or on a pillow on a yoga mat in the half-lotus posture.
- Bend over forward putting your hands on your knees, forcing out the last trace of air.
- With empty lungs, return to the standing straight posture.
- Place your hands on your waist and push your shoulders up by pressing down with your hands. Pull the abdomen in as much as possible and raise your chest, keeping your lungs empty.
- Hold this position as long as you are able to on empty lungs.
- Breathe in through the nose until your lungs are full.
- Exhale through the mouth, allowing your arms to relax and hang free.
- Take several deep breaths before the next repetition.
- Do three, four or maximum five sets.
- When you finish the whole exercise do it one more time mentally with your eyes closed; try to feel the effect of the exercise even if you are not doing it physically.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.